Translate

Thursday 20 August 2015

I Almost Went Blind – Bola Ray Reveals

The Chief Executive Officer of EIB Network, Nathan Kwabena Anokye Adisi, popularly known as Bola Ray, has revealed for the first time that but for God’s intervention he would have gone blind.

In a revealing and inspiring interview with TV3’s Nana Aba Anamoah, the host of Starr Drive on Starr 103.5FM said he almost lost his sight during his first days at Accra Academy Senior High School.
According to him, after he gained admission to the school in the early 90s, some final year students organised a mock examination as part of ‘homos night’ – a ritual done for fresh students in secondary schools – but the unfortunate occurred and nearly cost him losing his eyes.

Bola Ray narrated that, “during the mock exam a paper was thrown to me, I didn’t even touch it but the invigilator came to me and said I was cheating. He picked the paper up and the answer to the question on the board was answered in it.

“I was asked to go out and in my mind I thought I was going to be sacked… but they were doing that just to homo us… as we were being walked out a senior came straight to me and dropped a bowl of pepper on me, in fact, he put the whole bowl of hot red pepper on my head and… I blacked out.

“I couldn’t see anything; I was rushed to the Cocoa Clinic where I was hospitalised for several days. I received treatment for a long time. I almost lost my eyes and after a while the doctor told me I had to wear glasses and here I am today.

He added: “But you know since it was a ‘homos’ night the school tried to manage it, they didn’t want the whole thing to escalate and so it was all managed by the school and my family.”
Source: Starrfmonline

No comments:

Post a Comment