Translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

A DATE WITH DESTINY ON TUESDAY

* Black Stars


The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has confirmed Tuesday, October 15 as the day Ghana will host Egypt in the 1st leg of the crucial Brazil 2014 World Cup play off at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi.

The match was earlier scheduled for October 13 but the decision to push the date of the match as we are told has been inspired by a move to give Coach Akwasi Appiah more time to work with his full squad before the crunch game.

As a matter of fact, the first time I heard this new development, not only was I surprised but I became worried as well. “How could the GFA?  is the Ghana Football Association (GFA) now gambling with the fortunes of our adorable Black Stars? I soliloquized.

Even though I believe football could be played anytime and anywhere, it beats my mind that for the second successive time, the Black Stars are not being allowed to play on a Sunday when Ghanaians enjoy their football most.

A lot of debates are ongoing about the change in dates, but I wouldn’t want to go into that just yet. But, I’m tempted to ask that did a change in day (Friday) play any role when Ghana played against the Chipolopolo of Zambia at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in the last group game of the World Cup qualifiers?

I need someone to convince me that this sudden change has anything to do with adequate preparations. This match with the Pharaoh’s of Egypt is so crucial to the extent that all hands must be on deck in order to win against the experienced North Africans.

A Sunday for me, would have afforded such a massive support for the team but unfortunately the “movers and shakers” of our football thinks otherwise. But for now, “I’ll wait and See” the outcome of this “Tuesday” match…


I shall return…

No comments:

Post a Comment